Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Baby Bootie Cake


I'm celebrating babies this week!  These super adorable baby booties are made from gumpaste which I colored pink.  Gumpaste dries quite hard, so you'd not want to eat them, but they can be saved virtually forever in a dry place, so they would make a good baby shower keepsake for the mom-to-be.


I made ribbon roses and green leaves and attached them to the shoe using water and a paintbrush and let the shoes dry for about 3 days.

The template for the booties can be found at Cake Central or see below.  Enlarge the image to get the size you want.
Making ribbon roses tutorial can be found at Glorious Treats.



1 comment:

  1. The shoes are sooo cute!! My daughter is having a girl in March, and daugther-in-law is having a boy in April! So the girl and boy booties are perfect for their Baby showers. Now I just need someone to make them LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin